Institut Français de la Mode (IFM)
Institut Français de la Mode is a higher education institution, a training center for apprentices, a provider of executive education, as well as a center of expertise for the textiles, fashion and luxury industries. It provides educational programs from vocational training to doctoral level, by cross- fertilizing design, management and couture craftsmanship.
As of 2019, Institut Français de la Mode brings together Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne, founded in 1927 and recognized for the excellence of its training in couture savoir-faire, and IFM, founded in 1986 and a pioneer in fashion management education.
Institut Français de la Mode now offers:
- Higher education training programs in fashion design (among which two new degree programs, a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts), in fashion management and in couture savoir-faire
- A training center for apprentices
- Short, certificate or custom-designed continuing education programs for companies and institutions
- Summer School programs
- Academic research activities which produce publications in the field of economics as well as social and human sciences applied to fashion and design
- An Economic Observatory which offers steering tools for professionals and daily analysis of fashion consumption and distribution
- One of the most complete specialized libraries in France
Institut Français de la Mode is a member of HESAM Université, of the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles and of the International Foundation of Fashion Technology Institutes (IFFTI). It is supported by the French Ministry of Economy. It is recognized by the French Ministry of Higher Education.
A series of courses designed to help you specialise your skills. Start a free seven-day trial, subscribe to keep learning at your own pace, and cancel your subscription whenever you like.
Our online microcredentials are designed to upskill you for work in rapidly-growing industries, without the time and cost commitment of a full degree. They can be used as an independent certification, and some even offer academic credit to use towards a degree. Each microcredential also includes a formal online assessment.
Learn new skills, pursue your interests or advance your career with our short online courses.